Sunday, February 12, 2006

Boys of Baraka

This one needed a separate post because it's very important.

There is a documentary movie that was just released in select locations this week called "The Boys of Baraka." It's about a program that chooses 20 "at risk" middle school boys from Baltimore City each year to go to The Baraka School in Kenya for 2 years.

I won't tell you much about the movie, only that if it is showing in your neighborhood, you really need to see it. All I'll say is that everyone there laughed and cried, and it absolutely broke my heart.

Also, anyone who is curious about what my kids are like, this is a very realistic portrayal.

Ok, that's my plug. Boys of Baraka. See it. If it's not in your area, let me know and when I can buy it on DVD, I'll send you a copy.
  Posted by Picasa

No comments: