Thursday, April 19, 2007

Retraction

It has recently come to my attention that I misrepresented an event earlier this year. In the blog entry that I posted on New Years' Day, I wrote "We got into a heated discussion about gangs and the problems in the world with Jim - poor, sheltered Jim." First, this was not really a heated discussion - it was definitely a good talk, but no one was angry or even disagreeing. I rather enjoyed the talk, actually, and found it to be quite engaging and enlightening. And what I meant by "poor, sheltered Jim" is that he has such a big heart and wishes everything were just so, but gets so frustrated when people just don't get it. He always seems so sad when he realizes the reality of the world. I credit Jim with a lot of my optimism and ability to discern the best possible reality and strive for it. Consequently, I don't want it to seem like I think of Jim as a silly old man who has lost touch with the world...he just doesn't have the cynical gene, and is much the better for it. :-)

No comments: