It is the end of November, the end of 2007. I am 24 years old (just got that way!). I am pooped. I don't know what I want to do with my life, but I do know this isn't it. I'm tired of having the same conversation with children who won't/don't change. I'm tired of always being so busy. I'm tired of always being behind, and tired of knowing that if I wanted to do it correctly in the current circumstances, I'd die. it sucks to be forced to half-ass a job. Therefore, I won't. Maybe one more year, and then I'm out. I'm on to a place where the achievement gap CAN be closed, a place where the people who matter care. From that, you can make some guesses about what's been going on in my school. Mediocrity, and a recent trip to a successful art school in the county to reinforce just how far we are from that same level of success. That, and the fact that it can't be done without admission requirements or background in art...ah! Nevermind. I'll save this for later...
In happier news, Matt and I spent a beautiful Thanksgiving with Rachel and Julie in New York. We went to the Macy's parade, ate with Rachel and her crazy (delightful) mom, and acted like tourists. It was a very unique experience! I won't write about it here, because a picture's worth a thousand words, so 269 pictures will buy you a house in most markets. Link below to see/hear all about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment